Advertisement

.

Friday, March 6, 2009

Karan Johar Parties Hollywood Style


She has directed two super-duper hit films, has made numerous appearances as judge on song and dance reality shows, and was a successful choreographer before that. Now, Farah Khan is set for a cameo role in close friend Shah Rukh Khan’s television production, Ghar Ki Baat Hai. She, it seems, just can’t stop!

IN a case of art mirroring life, filmmaker Farah Khan will play a director in Shah Rukh Khan’s Ghar Ki Baat Hai (NDTV Imagine, Friday-Sunday, 9.30 pm). Her cameo will air on Friday, March 6.


The choreographer-turned-director is believed to play an eccentric version of herself. Farah spoke to us about her cameo as well as her other projects.

“I am playing a mad director on Ghar Ki Baat Hai. In my sequence, Kaku (played by Swapnil Joshi), comes to an advertising agency for a job and I meet him there. I then give him tips to get the job and tell him how to impress the boss. My shoot lasted just two hours.”

Though she claims to like Ghar Ki Baat Hai, Farah admits she has only managed to watch the first episode. “It is very difficult to catch up with any show and manage three kids!” she says.

The director recently shot for Milap Jhaveri’s Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai. “I am playing myself in this film. They told me I would be doing a cameo, but shooting went on for six days. I shot for a song sequence too. So I felt like I was the second lead of the film.”

Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai stars Riteish Deshmukh, Jacqueline Fernandes and Sonal Sehgal.

In addition to her cameos, Farah has also found the time to shoot for her talk show. “We have shot the first episode. It was a very nice experience. It is not a routine talk show. We will bring in different issues. Common people will also be involved in the show. I can’t tell you who the first celebrity guest on the show is. The channel (NDTV Imagine) will kill me!”

Farah will also be judging Jo Jeeta Wohi Dancing Star (Star Plus, Friday-Saturday, 10 pm). “I think most big shows have pushed their launches due to the upcoming Indian Premier League season. So we haven’t started shooting yet. I do not know what is happening. We may start after the IPL.”

Farah Khan earlier judged Star Plus’s reality dance show, Nach Baliye-4. Jo Jeeta Wohi Dancing Star is expected to launch in June this year.

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments:

Leave a Reply

Deepika Padukone Updates

Aamir Khan News